A special thank you to FoodSaver for sponsoring this blog post and gifting us with the FoodSaver® FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System. All thoughts, reviews and opinions are my own.
Do you ever feel like you are throwing out too much produce you couldn’t use in time for their ripeness? Or breads that you couldn’t eat more than half the loaf before going stale? Yep, same here!
I am excited to tell you about an amazing system that can solve those problems and so much more, the FoodSaver® FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System. I am in love with this machine! Aside from being such a cool kitchen appliance to have on hand… it has so many helpful ways you can use it.
Use the FoodSaver® to seal FoodSaver zipper bags, canisters, or containers. Whether you want to make prep-ahead meals, store leftovers, or freeze meats and produce for longer periods of time, the FM2000 is the sensible way to save time, money and eliminate food waste.
FoodSaver® is the #1 Selling Vacuum Sealing Brand, comes with a 5 Year Limited Warranty and is ETL Safety Certified.
Some fun ways I love to use FoodSaver:
- Making snack packs for our pantry (great for cookies and cereals like granola).
- Make treat bags for a camping trip or vacation.
- Vacuum seal toiletries for travel. No worries of our products spilling!
- Meal prep for the week ahead.
Being a vegetarian, I am always stocking up on extra fruits and veggies. One fruit in particular I love to keep extra stock of is strawberries. I love using the FoodSaver to get an extra week out of fresh batches of berries or to freeze them to prep ahead for smoothies!
Did you know that Vacuum sealing can make your food last up to 5x longer than traditional storage methods? Pretty cool right?! Check out this handy chart here to see how long you can save food in the freezer, refrigerator or pantry: https://www.foodsaver.com/blog/archive/2014/november/how-long-can-you-save-it%3F.html
- Flour and sugar can be saved for one to two years
- Baked cookies will be preserved for up to six weeks
- Cheeses can be sealed for up to eight months
- Meats frozen can be saved for up to 3 years
- Berries can stay fresh in a refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
For more information on FoodSaver, check out the links below:
Shop FoodSaver: https://www.foodsaver.com/
Give them a follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/foodsaver/
I would love to know in comments below what you think and what you would love to use FoodSaver for?